Thursday, August 19, 2010

From a Dress to a Skirt



After cleaning and organizing my closet last week, I decided to turn this eyelet dress into a high-waisted skirt. It never did fit quite right in the ribcage, so instead of getting rid of it I figured I would try to make it into something wearable.

It was actually easier than I thought; the longest amount of time I spent on it was removing the seam along the bodice, which I did while watching tv one night. I then hemmed the skirt and sewed the seam back together and voila - it was ready to wear!




Skirt: Gap (was a dress), Tank: Target, Necklace: Topshop, Watch: Citizen, Belt: Winners, Shoes: Vintage (found in my grandma's basement).





10 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! :)

    http://walkingintheairr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love what you did here-so creative and absolutely adore the skirt with the purple top.
    naina

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a GREAT idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you are a master! That skirt is GORG - and looks like something you would spend quite a bit on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's that nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that looks great! I especially love the belt and how you accessorized!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an amazing job!

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! I need to learn now to sew..

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the nail polish!!
    whos it by?
    check out my blog
    http://keekeemm.blogspot.com/
    and join<3

    ReplyDelete