Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Birds of a Feather



Lately I've been lacking inspiration in the style department so I haven't had any outfit photos to post the past few days. We got our first major snowfall this weekend and I've been mainly concerned with bundling up when I leave the house and putting together stylish outfits has been on the back burner. Hopefully I will get used to the cold temperatures and my inspiration with soon return. Luckily, I've been on a roll in terms of home improvement and decor so I have something to share. I picked up these 3-D wall stickers a few months ago at Urban Outfitters and finally got around to putting them up this weekend after re-organizing and painting some of the furniture in my office. I apologize for the terrible lighting in these photos; it's dark when I leave for work in the morning and it's dark when I get home in the evening so I have a lack of natural light to work with. It's hard to tell but the wall is grey and the stickers are white. I'm contemplating painting or colouring some of them black after I paint my bookshelves and dresser black, but I'm still undecided.

While I was on the bird theme I realized I hadn't shared any photos of my new jewellery holder, also purchased from Urban Outfitters. I no longer have to shove my baubles into a jewellery box to get tangled and warped, they are now all nicely organized on this hook which conveniently hangs over the back of my bedroom door.







9 comments:

  1. Cute necklace holder..I use a mens tie rack....lmao...yours is much better looking:)


    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds are fun! I have been seeing 3-d art around a lot more lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the birds -- so cute!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I am loving the birds! Very chic

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chas these look great!! And you know how I feel about birds :)

    ps-keep warm - i heard it's crazy cold up there :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the birds (they look great in white) and love the jewelery holder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow?! I'm jealous! Love the wall accents...

    <3, natasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cuuutteee! it snowed here too but it's all melting :( llloovveee your jewelry storage!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete