Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ricotta and Spinach Manicotti



Sorry I've been MIA lately, I've been crazy busy this week and haven't had a chance to take any outfit photos. Tonight I finally had the night at home so I decided to make a batch of manicotti. I made the pasta sauce first and let it simmer while I was boiling the shells and stuffing them with spinach, ricotta, onion and spices. I don't use a recipe but if I did it would be something like this. I just made a basic pasta sauce this time with crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, mushrooms, basil and black pepper.







7 comments:

  1. This looks great. I am always looking for new vegetarian dishes. For Thanksgiving we tried something different...we took lasagna and stuffed it rolled it up so it kind of looked like manicotti. Something different :) sounds like you are having a busy week so hopefully you will have some down time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!!! This is one of my favorites!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this looks great!!! I have never tried to make a baked Italian dish at home before...I am definitely inspired to do so now!!! Looks AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm! This looks so delectable; I'm absolutely craving Italian now!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks incredible. I've never made manicotti before, but I've always wanted to. Thanks for the recipe (or a similar one) and the inspiration!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks Good! :)
    Who doesn't love italian food?!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete